Contact Us

Call us at +1.855.494.7297 or submit the following form and we will contact you within one business day.

Our privacy practices, and how we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, please review our Privacy Policy

Thank You!

You have successfully sent your request.

We will contact you within one business day. Join our LinkedIn Group to stay up-to-date on the latest international legislation, regulation and developments associated with global employment services.

The Race to File H-1B Work Visas on April 1, 2017

Executive Summary: We are releasing this Alert to remind employers of the fast-approaching April 1, 2017, opening date for filing H-1B work visa petitions on behalf of foreign employees who need sponsorship for work authorization in the U.S. Since April 1, 2017, falls on a Saturday this year, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will start accepting H-1B petitions on Monday, April 3, 2017.


Although USCIS normally accepts applications on April 1, 2017, since that date falls on a Saturday this year, it is our best estimate that USCIS will begin accepting H-1B work visa petitions on Monday, April 3, 2017. The H-1B visa classification is designed for foreign workers who will fill professional occupations that require at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent. There is an annual limit of 65,000 H-1B petitions available each year, with an additional 20,000 reserved only for those holding U.S. master’s degrees. In light of recent trends, we fully expect that the annual H-1B cap will be exhausted within the first week. All petitions received the first week will then be entered into a lottery to select which ones will be adjudicated and which will be rejected without being reviewed.

Who Needs an H-1B Visa?

We urge employers to consider for H-1B sponsorship any current or future employees who are present in the U.S. under the following categories:

  • F-1 student visas;
  • J-1 exchange visitor visas;
  • TN visas for Canadian and Mexicans professionals;
  • L-1A/L-1B visas for managerial and specialized knowledge workers;
  • E-3 visas for Australian professionals;
  • L-2/H-4 dependent visas; or
  • E-1/E-2 treaty visas.

Prospective professional employees who are residing overseas require visa sponsorship in order to work for a U.S. company. In many cases, the H-1B visa is the best vehicle to achieve this.

Continue reading here.
Source: JD Supra

Spread the word and share this article ...