This week’s iWorkGlobal Employment News Roundup features employment news from India, Canada, and Australia, tips on managing a remote workforce, and how HR can use technology to reach goals. Read more in our list of employment resources below.
Latest Employment News
- Australian Visa Changes (From HC Online)
Australia is making significant changes to its 457 visa program that could impact many employers. Find out what is changing and why in this post.
- Alberta Bans International Hiring for 29 Jobs (from HRM Canada)
Many countries set policies and laws to encourage employers to hire locally. This new 24-month pilot program in Alberta is one such effort.
- American Family Insurance Could Face $1 Billion in Legal Liability (from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)
As governments ramp up efforts to enforce rules regarding independent contractor classification, some companies are facing steep penalties. American Family Insurance is one of those companies.
- Enabling Workforce with Technology Links Directly to Customer Experience and Revenue Performance (from Business World India)
In a study on how a workforce enablement approach can impact business performance, Forrester found lots of benefits. Here are the results from this eye-opening Indian survey.
Managing a Non-Traditional Workforce: Contingent, Remote and Global
- Unlocking the Benefits of a Remote Workforce Takes the Right Mindset, Technology & Policies (from Dynamic Business)
Working remotely is a worldwide trend, but it’s extremely common in Australia. This post explains some learnings from a country where a full 3/4 of workers take advantage of flexible work arrangements.
- Structuring a Remote Working Program (Workforce)
Andie Burjek summarizes a lecture she attended at the Society for Human Resource Management’s Talent Acquisition conference in Chicago that provided concrete tips for employers considering implementing a remote working program.
General Management & HR Resources
- To Automate or Not to Automate (from the Association for Talent Development)
A recent CareerBuilder survey found that many employers believe some HR functions will be completely automated within the decade. Learn how automation is impacting HR in this post.
- Are You Making These Three Big Data Mistakes? (from HRM Canada)
There is a lot of opportunity – and a lot of confusion – surrounding the use of big data in HR. Are these mistakes you’re guilty of making?
- HR and IT Combine Efforts on Workforce Analytics (from CIO)
As more companies rely on data to make HR decisions, IT needs to be more involved in the development of solutions to gather and analyze that data. This article outlines details of this partnership.
- 4 Technology Tips to Improve HR Communications (from HR Dive)
Is your HR department sending employees automated birthday emails? Can employees easily access digital employee request forms for things like PTO or reimbursements? Here are a few small technology tips that can make a world of difference in your HR communications.
If you have any questions about managing a global or contingent workforce or would like to learn more about services from iWorkGlobal, please contact us.