If you engage workers internationally or utilize contingent workers, it’s important to understand the latest trends and news that could impact your workforce. This week’s iWorkGlobal Employment News Roundup includes articles and posts on a variety of timely topics, with a focus on how tech is changing the face of talent acquisition and workforce management.
Latest Employment News
- Four Ways Talent Acquisition Technology Will Change This Year (from recruitingtrends.com)
Technology updates are driving innovation across many industries, and talent acquisition is no exception. Learn what these changes will mean for talent acquisition throughout the rest of 2017.
- 2017 Top Trends in Human Capital Management (from Human Resources Today)
HR Today summarizes a recent Deloitte report outlining important trends to keep in mind when undertaking strategic planning, allocating resources, and mapping out training.
Managing a Non-Traditional Workforce: Contingent, Remote, and Global
- 5 Ways to Bring Out the Best in Your Remote Workforce (from CMSwire)
Acknowledging that being a trendsetter in adopting new work arrangements can be both rewarding and challenging, the author of this article shares best practices for avoiding headaches when managing a remote team.
- 6 Tips for Managing a Global Workforce (from CIO)
This article provides advice from business leaders overseeing workers in many different countries and provides the best advice to help you effectively manage your remote team.
- How to Make Employment Fair in an Age of Contracting and Temp Work (from Harvard Business Review)
As non-traditional employment arrangements become more commonplace, companies are increasingly navigating unclear legal requirements and also struggling with how these arrangements cause fissures in their workforce. This post considers the repercussions of these fissures and explains the importance of government oversight.
General Management Resources
- Can HR Tech Level the Playing Field? (from HRE Daily)
Diversity and inclusion have been important topics in the HR world this year, and many companies are actively pursuing improvements in their own efforts to build a level playing field for employees and candidates. This post shares how some companies are using technology to accomplish this.
- Future of Recruitment Marketing Hinges on Adaptation (from HR Drive)
What role does marketing play in talent acquisition and how is technology impacting that role? What trends should be expected in the future? This article explains.
- Prepare Your Workforce for the Age of Automation (from Harvard Business Review)
Automation is changing the way companies do business; and companies need to be prepared for addressing these changes with their workforces. Here are some tips on how to adapt.
- Human Capital, Not Tech, is the Biggest Value Creator: Report (from the Economic Times)
Which is more valuable: human capital or technology? A report from Korn Ferry Economic Analysis yields some surprising results.
If you have any questions about managing a global or contingent workforce or would like to learn more about services from iWorkGlobal, please contact us.