What’s driving technological advancements in HR? What considerations do employers need to take into account when hiring foreign workers after laying off local workers? See below for updates on these topics as well as advice for managing a remote workforce and using advancements in technology enhance HR approaches.
Latest Employment News
- Employers Must Notify Laid-Off Workers Before Hiring Foreign Workers (From SHRM)
The Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals recently upheld a ruling that denied Cisco labor certification for two foreign workers, saying that the company failed to adequately notify recently laid-off workers about the openings. Read more about what this could mean for other employers in this post.
- Coming Attractions: Recruiting Continues to be the Primary Generator of Exciting New Technologies (from RecruitingTrends)
HR technology is constantly changing – and recruiting continues to drive many new developments. This post explains what this means for HR professionals, and what you need to do to keep up!
Managing a Non-Traditional Workforce: Contingent, Remote and Global
- Webcams, Cell Reception, Internet Speed All Key for Successful Telecommuters (from SHRM)
Employees who work remotely, and companies who need them, need to take into account considerations that on-site workers don’t need to worry about. A speaker at SHRMs recent Talent Management Conference & Exposition outlined these considerations, which are summarized in this post.
- Role Modeling for a Distributed Team (from the association for Talent Management)
Role modeling is an efficient way to elicit results and behavior. Some argue that with a remote workforce, role modeling is even more important. This post explains why that’s the case, and how you can practice role modeling for successful outcomes with your remote workforce.
- How HR Works Within a Fully Remote Firm (from HRM Canada)
While companies are increasingly offering remote working options, managing HR with a company that is fully remote is a different type of challenge. Here’s how one company manages these challenges.
- Do You Have a Global Mindset? (from the Association for Talent Development)
Success in a Global Business Environment depends, in-part, on your outlook. Do you take into account all the considerations of a truly global business environment?
General Management & HR Resources
- Growing Talent Development Firms: Industry Disruption, Interruption, and Corruption (from The Association for Talent Development)
Disruption may be an overused word in business at the moment, but that doesn’t mean learning from industry “disruptors” won’t yield fruitful results for your business. Learn about “disruption” as it pertains to talent acquisition and management in this post.
- HR in “Most Dynamic and Exciting” Time Ever (from HRM Canada)
Do you think of HR as exciting? With changing technology and practices, it can be an exciting time to be an HR professional. HRM Canada explains.
- How Mobile Technology is Changing HR (Video) (from Employee Benefits)
Mobile technology is changing nearly every facet of modern life, with many of us glued to our phone and other screens more often than we’d like to admit. How is this shift changing HR? This video explains.
If you have any questions about global workforce management or independent contractor compliance, or if you would like to learn more about engaging iWorkGlobal as an employer of record or agent of record for your workforce, please contact us.